Credit Counseling and Financial Management
Credit Counseling and Financial Management are mandatory steps in the bankruptcy process. Under the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Act, every person must complete a Credit Counseling Course before filing bankruptcy. We have teamed up with Butterfly Financial Education to make this an easy and educational process. Here are the steps for online completion:
- Go to https://butterflyfe.com/counseling/disclaimer/JF-14885.
- Click on I Agree at the bottom of the screen.
When you complete the session, we will be able to access your certificate. We will file the certificate with the court when your Bankruptcy is filed.
Once your case has been filed, you must complete a Financial Management Course. Again, we have teamed with Butterfly Financial Education for easy online completion:
- Go to https://butterflyfe.com/education/disclaimer/JF-14885 .
- Read, then click I AGREE.
- Follow the steps which will take you through the test and to the end of the course.
If your case involves joint debtors, each debtor must complete the test. Your prompt completion is appreciated as this is required by law before receiving a discharge (forgiveness) of a debt in a bankruptcy proceeding.
You will need your case number and your district.
Note: The fee for each of these courses is included with your attorney fee.